Aris Allen Black Low Heeled Wingtip Athletic Mary Jane - CLOSEOUT
- Aris Allen Women's Low Heeled Athletic Mary Jane Wingtip Dance Shoe features a Suede Sole and Wingtip styling.
- Flexible Suede-Bottom Sole and removable molded insole.
- Women's Dance Shoe Flats.
- This style looks pretty cute and is just dressy enough to get away with formal wear if you're going to be dancing any type of swing.
Wingtips give you a swingy look. These are both feminine and flexible. When you wear these you'll feel like a cat - nimble, surefooted, ready to spring into action - but with the slide- and spin-ability that suede soles give you. They look close enough to a dress shoe to wear with skirts, but act like an athletic sneaker.
The molded foam insole is nice and soft and is removeable so you could easily add your orthotics if you wanted.
The heel is almost an inch so it looks like an ordinary shoe, but because the shock-absorbing sole is 1/4" your heel is only a half inch higher than your sole - which really helps your stability.
The buckle is attached with a piece of elastic so it has a little "give" when you're up on your toes.
We've found - by trying these on countless dancers - that these fit pretty much true to size. Because of their roomy construction you may need a half size smaller than your usual size, but our test subjects did not need a size larger than their usual size.
ABOUT SUEDE SOLES:
- These are made with Suede Soles which are wonderful to dance on but require occasional upkeep (it's usually a problem with catching the edge on a piece of hardwood that is sticking up on the dance floor).
- If you need to re-glue the suede many people just use crazy glue gel. We have also found that commercially produced shoe repair glue (available from the shoe repair shop in your local mall) works great.
- You're not supposed to wear suede soles outside - but every swing dancer knows that you can make suede soles faster by wearing them everywhere to get them dirty, then dance in them until they're shiny on the bottom.
- If you prefer them less zippy you can dull the "mirror finish" they can get by roughing them up with a wire brush periodically. Just remember that when they get wet in the rain they won't spin very easily (conversely - if they're too slippery just spill your drink on the floor and step in it!).