Our Rules in a Nutshell:
We're mostly looking for photos of dancers - at rest, at play, on the dance floor and/or retro-inspired photos. But any subject is permitted as long as it's legal, not X-rated, and at least one principal in the photo is wearing our shoes.
- Each entrant agrees not to submit any entry that infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable U.S. law.
- The contest sponsors are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected email; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
- All entries received that are corrupted, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the contest sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Who Can Enter
To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must own the rights to any photograph they submit. A maximum of one owner per entry is allowed. If the contest winner is under age 21, contest prize will be awarded to custodial parent(s) or legal guardian(s). By entering the contest you are representing that you are not only the owner of the photograph, but that you and the people in the photograph will give us permission to use it on our site.
Wholesale customers and past and present employees of Aris Allen and their families are not eligible to enter this contest.
How to Enter
Qualified entrants shall submit a photograph via Facebook AND email to photos @ dancestore.com (also email your name and phone number) by the contest closing date and time. All eligible photos must:
Be taken in places where people can reasonably expect to be photographed (public places or your own dwelling).
If your photograph wins you must be able to provide signed model releases of principals in the photograph within 2 weeks of being informed of your prize. Those unable to produce releases will be disqualified. The staff of Aris Allen determines who the principals in the photograph are.
No purchase or payment necessary to enter or win. A purchase or payment will not improve your chances of winning. All federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
Finalists will be selected in each category by our staff between October 16, 2013 and October 31, 2013.
All finalists’ entries (and a few others that are staff favorites) will be published on the contest web page, along with each finalist’s first name, last name initial, and city. All decisions of the judges are final and binding.
The winner of each category will be the person whose photograph is chosen by the staff and swing dancers on staff at Aris Allen, and who satisfies all of the Official Rules.
In the event of a photograph becoming ineligible after it is chosen as a winner, the sponsors will choose another winner.
All entrants whose photographs meet the above eligibility requirements will receive 10% off their next dancestore.com order. Discount verifications will be sent via email and can only be used on their next order via telephone.
By participating in the contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the contest sponsors, and their employees and agents, their heirs and assigns, for any claims, personal injury or loss that may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the contest, or from the use of any prize. All applicable taxes, if any, are to be paid by the entrant.
By entering this contest, the winner and/or anyone in the photo who signed a model release, authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her likeness and/or photograph for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; videos; distribution over the Internet) the contest sponsors may deem appropriate.
Winners will be notified by email and phone.
Winners of the 10% off must simply have submitted a photograph on Facebook and via email that they own the rights to (that qualifies according to the official rules) and order by phone in order to receive their discount.
All winners of the top 4 prizes are required to verify identity with proper and legal photo identification and appropriate model releases within 14 days of notification of winning. Winner may forfeit any and all winnings if verification cannot or has not been made within 14 days of notification. Upon proper verification, all prizes will be awarded by gift certificate and the numbers of those certificates will be sent to the winner's email address within 7 business days. Gift certificates must be redeemed within 6 months of date of issue and are limited to in-stock merchandise at Dancestore.com.
Free Shipping to the Winners
Shoes that don't fit properly may be exchanged according to the returns policy of Dancestore.com. When the prizes are initially shipped they must be shipped all at once (winning 10 pairs does not mean 10 separate shipments, etc.) and return shipment of any exchanges due to incorrect sizing must be paid for by the winner. Dancestore.com will then ship the new sizes out (all at the same time) at no cost to the winner but after that winners are on their own regarding the cost of shipping either way.
Odds of winning the "Random" prize depend on the number of entries received. Odds of winning the other prizes depend on the tastes of the judges.
To enter the contest, you must agree to all official rules. Therefore, please read the following rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the contest constitutes agreement to these rules. You may not submit an entry to the contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in the official rules, unless you agree to the official rules. These official rules form a binding legal agreement between you and the contest sponsors with respect to the contest.
- The conduct of the contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America and States of Maryland and New York, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. The contest sponsors shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests.
- The contest sponsors are not liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes, or contest information.
- By participating in the contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of contest sponsor personnel. All decisions will be made by the contest sponsors and are final. The contest sponsors may waive or alter any of these rules in their sole discretion and without prior notice. Income and other taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The contest sponsors reserve the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
Any false information provided within the context of the contest by any participant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, E-mail address, ownership of right, or non-compliance with these Official Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the participant from the contest. The contest sponsors further reserve the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or violates U.S. or applicable state or local law.
Intellectual Property Rights
By submitting any entry, entrants thereby grant to Dalmatian Corporation and their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted work or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to Dalmatian Corporation include, but are not limited to, the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted work.
- By submitting an entry, entrants thereby represent and warrant that the submitted work or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and the entrants the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to the contest sponsors herein, including but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that the contest sponsors shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by the entrant, and may, in their sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any work that the entrant submits.
Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify
By submitting any entry, each entrant, its, his, her or their heirs, successors and assigns (“entrant”) thereby releases, forever discharges and covenants not to make a claim against or sue the Aris Allen Annual Photo Contest, its sponsors (including but not limited to Dalmatian Corporation and its staff) and their heirs, subsidiaries and affiliates, licensees, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns, of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which entrant may have or hereafter have against Dalmatian Corporation by reason of any injuries or damages entrant may sustain, whether to entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation or exploitation of the entry for any purpose described herein.
All entrants waive and forego the right to seek injunctive relief against anyone relating in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation, or exploitation of the materials for any purpose described herein. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Dalmatian Corporation from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by me of any representation made in the entry or by virtue of submitting the entry.
Return to Aris Allen Photo Contest