Aris Allen Brown Nubuc Peep-Toe Mary Jane Wedge Swing Dance Shoes *Limited Sizes*
- These are an exact copy of a to-die-for Forties' wedge shoe!
- Flexible Raw Leather Sole & Foam Lined Footbed - great for dancing. Because they have a closed heel and buckle across the middle means these will stay snuggly on your feet.
- These were copied from the vintage pair that were loved to death (literally) by a very famous, very blonde, swing dancer (think Hollywood Style Lindy!). We copied them from her original pair.
- These are designed for the intermediate / advanced swing dancer - but they're also great as a second pair for beginners... the “fastness” of the sole forces you to “find your center” immediately.
- Aris Allen is known for making vintage style swing dance shoes and reproduction models that are more authentic equipment for dancing swing than ordinary ballroom shoes are. Their philosophy being that your dancing will look more authentic if you wear the same style of shoes the inventors of the dance were wearing.
- Please check the sizing recommendations before placing your order.
- Item #: 160-BR
The footbed is cushioned, and the sole is the fabulous Aris Allen Raw Sole; awesome to dance on. Aris Allen's philosophy is that your dancing will look more authentic if you wear the same shoes the dance was invented in.
A note about handmade Aris Allen Women's Wedges -
The shoe on your foot is the product of a craftsman who sees the shoe from start to finish. They are not stamped out. Expect tiny imperfections.
We've tried these on dozens of dancers and they overwhelmingly found that these run about true to size. See our inside measurements below.
The heel is 2 1/4” and the platform is 1/2” (making the heel feel like it's only 1 3/4”).
The peep-toe is larger than most of our wedges (as it was copied exactly from the original) - so if you have very narrow feet your toes might stick out the front (not good).
FOOTBED (inside) MEASUREMENTS: Measurements are approximate.
NOTE: We only include these measurements because so many people call and ask for the dimensions. Measuring shoes is NOT the way to figure out the correct size.
|5||8 7/8”||3 1/8”||U.S.
|6||9 1/4”||3 5/16”||U.S.
|7||9 1/2”||3 3/8”||U.S.
|8||9 3/4”||3 1/2”||U.S.
|9||10 1/4”||3 9/16”||U.S.
|10||10 1/2”||3 11/16”||U.S.
|11||11 1/8”||3 7/8”||U.S.
Friendly Warning: -
DO NOT MEASURE YOUR FEET - measure a pair of similar open toed shoes that fit you if you want to use the above dimensions. If you are worried about fit, feel free to order two pairs and send the one that doesn't fit back!
These have the Aris Allen Raw Sole - which is made from flexible hard leather that gets “faster” over time by repeatedly absorbing the natural humidity in the air (especially at a dance) and drying.