Aris Allen Women's Blue Retro Running Dance Sneakers
- Aris Allen Women's Retro Runner Shoe features a Suede Sole and is styled like an old school running sneaker.
- Flexible Suede-Bottom Sole.
- Light as a feather (not kidding - only 6 ounces!).
- Now you can hit the dance floor in sneakers without endangering your knees by dancing on rubber soles.
The Women's Retro Runner comes mostly in whole sizes (just one half size for women: 9.5) and, because they're converted from European sizes, the women's version of this shoe is really just an extension of the men's sizes and vice versa.
The foam insole is removeable! Which means that you can get a custom fit by replacing the insole with one that you've purchased to custom fit your foot (or add arch support or use orthotics, etc.) or just wear them as is.
We find that these run true to size. So order your usual women's dress shoe size. If you're a half size it's best to go up to a half size larger than usual (6.5 fits a 7, 8.5 fits a 9, etc.).
If your feet are larger than Women's size 11, just wear our Men's variety (they're really just unisex). Just subtract 1.5 from your size to get the men's equivalent (Men's 8.5 = Women's 10).
ABOUT SUEDE SOLES:
- These are made with Suede Soles which are wonderful to dance on but require occasional upkeep (it's usually a problem with catching the edge on a piece of hardwood that is sticking up on the dance floor).
- If you need to re-glue the suede many people just use crazy glue gel. We have also found that commercially produced shoe repair glue (available from the shoe repair shop in your local mall) works great.
- You're not supposed to wear suede soles outside - but every swing dancer knows that you can make suede soles faster by wearing them everywhere to get them dirty, then dance in them until they're shiny on the bottom.
- If you prefer them less zippy you can dull the "mirror finish" they can get by roughing them up with a wire brush periodically. Just remember that when they get wet in the rain they won't spin very easily (conversely - if they're too slippery just spill your drink on the floor and step in it!).