Aris Allen 1950s Black & White Wingtip Mesh Oxford - CLOSEOUT
- These Aris Allen Women's Spectator Mesh Swing Dance Shoes are a perfect copy of an early 1950s shoe!
- Classic oxfords look great with all your swing dance clothes - skirts, dresses or pants.
- Suede Soles - Lace-up closure.
- This style looks cute with either formal or casual wear.
- This is a shoe that gives you that rare combination of a mid-sized heel and the support of a shoe with laces.
- Please check the sizing recommendations before placing your order.
- Item #: 2075-BW
- Because this style is made with a Blucher style construction - which means you can customize the width by loosening or tightening the laces - this style should work with most widths.
- The heel is approximately 1 3/4 " and the base of the heel is 1 1/2" wide to keep you stable.
- The Suede Sole is quite flexible and the heel has a synthetic bottom that won't slow you down when it touches the floor during a spin.
These fit about the same as your street shoe size.
ABOUT SUEDE SOLES:
- These are made with Suede Soles which are wonderful to dance on but require occasional upkeep (it's usually a problem with catching the edge on a piece of hardwood that is sticking up on the dance floor).
- If you need to re-glue the suede many people just use crazy glue gel. We have also found that commercially produced shoe repair glue (available from the shoe repair shop in your local mall) works great.
- You're not supposed to wear suede soles outside - but every swing dancer knows that you can make suede soles faster by wearing them everywhere to get them dirty, then dance in them until they're shiny on the bottom.
- If you prefer them less zippy you can dull the "mirror finish" they can get by roughing them up with a wire brush periodically. Just remember that when they get wet in the rain they won't spin very easily (conversely - if they're too slippery just spill your drink on the floor and step in it!).